Monday, April 01, 2013

Cassie Is FABULOUS!

Even though Pride season isn't for another couple of months, Cheer New York is already working hard on getting our stunts perfected. As a sport, it comes with the territory that sometimes we are going to get bumped, bruised, and a little banged up. But this week's Fabulous Award winner didn't let that stop her. Even if she may have been a little nervous about trying new stunts, she never showed it. Like a true professional, she remained safe and encouraged her teammates to try again until they got it right...Just a few of the reasons why CASSIE J. won the Fabulous Award this week!!

Get to know one of our awesome Newbies! 
 
Name: Cassie J.
Member since: February 2013.
Position: Base.
Why on Cheer NY: I recently moved to New York from California and was looking for a way to meet a new group of people when I happened to see Cheer New York at Barnes & Noble wrapping gifts around Christmas time. I immediately looked up the team online and knew I just had to try out, not only because I missed the sport and wanted to meet all these amazing and talented people, but because everyone on the team works for a common goal that is completely selfless and helpful to the community. I’m so happy to be a part of this team and I already feel that I’m helping make a difference in New York even though I’ve only been on the team for a couple of months!
When did you start cheerleading: 8th grade.
What’s your favorite Cheer NY event: So far, the NYC Half Marathon. It felt so good making people smile and giving them that extra encouragement toward the end of the race.
What would people be surprised to learn about you: I’m trilingual! Quieres hablar en Español o vuoi parlare in Italiano?
What’s your favorite stunt: Baskets, they always get the crowd going.
Who is your celebrity crush: Ryan Gosling, his abs are ridiculous!

.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home